Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Woody Tried to Steal My Beer!

Today as I was messing around with my Speedlite 580 EX II, Woody tried to steel my beer when I wasn't looking, so I decided to keep any eye on him and use him as my subject at the same time.  I have a lot to learn about controlling the glare and power of the flash, but here is today's attempt.

For this picture Natural light from the screen door was coming from the right.  The Speedlite was off camera slight to off center to the right to try and fill in the shadows of Woody's face.

I have a lot to learn about how to control the power of the flash and how to control the glare on the bottle.  I'm hoping to add a second Speedlite so I can experiment with creating ambient and fill light with two off camera flashes.

No comments: